Before boarding our Caribbean cruise, Brian and I chose to explore Miami (where our ship was docked) for a few days. We both had been to Miami so decided to try something on the outskirts, specifically Coconut Grove. We had a fun couple of days touring the town, drinking wine, and enjoying the delicious food, all in great weather.
Where to stay:
- Hotel Arya – This hotel offers a large fitness center and a pool with bar service. Located in Coconut Grove, it is just outside of the center of Miami. Here, you will get the city vibe without all of the crowds.
Where to eat:
These are all in Coconut Grove
- Spillover – This restaurant offers indoor and outdoor seating. Look for their live music dates! This restaurant can get a little loud, but the service and food are great.
- Vino’s in the Grove – Located directly next to Hotel Arya, this wine bar offers a nice selection of wine flights, wines by the glass, and small plates.
- Greenstreet Cafe – We went here TWICE for brunch. They serve brunch until 3 everyday, which was perfect for my craving of breakfast food at weird hours. They have delicious omelettes, pancakes, and salads.
- Lulu – Here, we consumed some amazing tapas and sangria for dinner.
What to do:
- Walk along the water’s edge for a relaxing afternoon.
- Visit Vizcaya Museum and Gardens – This is a grand historic house turned museum that also allows for some picturesque walks through the garden and by the ocean.